Calling out for Business Development Managers who want to sell one of the most compelling communications channels available.
An incredible 3.5 trillion messages were sent in 2020 from businesses to people, which equates to 115.7 million messages every hour, every day of the year.
Businesses can’t get enough of mobile messaging, and that’s because they know that SMS messages are read within 90 seconds, 90% of the time. And with new channels like RCS, WhatsApp and Messenger changing the mobile landscape, there’s never been a more exciting time to be in mobile messaging.
Like our name, we want to stand out…stand tall, and do things differently. So, are you innovative in your thinking and highly driven, with an excellent work ethic and a player in our BDM team?
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be responsible for identifying new business relationships and maintaining productive and effective relationships with new customers.
Naturally, you’ll also be responsible for the retention and growth of our existing customers and increase sales of existing & new product sets across the customer portfolio.
What you’ll be awesome at. Our Business Development Managers are brilliant because they …
- Can quickly build and maintain trust and rapport with current and future customers. You can diagnose customer business needs and translate these into product sales;
- Are a flexible team player and ability to work in our nimble and highly cross-functional teams. You want to work with the team to find solutions to our customer needs;
- Are curious and able to comprehend the current and emerging business and technical environments rapidly. You’ll be able to manage multiple activities so that your stakeholder expectations are met;
- Can work autonomously with minimal direction; and
- Have well-developed interpersonal skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills. You’ll be negotiating terms, pricing, delivery, contracts for mutual customer and business benefit
Ideally, you’ve got experience as a business development manager selling tech and SaaS solutions. We do need you to be a resident or holding a working visa of the country we call down under.
With the acquisition of Thirdscreen in 2021, and over 300% growth in the last 2 years, we continue to believe the ‘ping’ of an SMS should spark joy. So we’ve been sparking that joy for over 10 years and creating more engaging mobile messaging.
Some services tell tall tales about the number of SMS messages they send and how effective their service is. But Tall Bob isn’t satisfied with simply sending messages. It’s why our robust platform delivers more functionality, more creativity and more insight with every message.
Our team at Tall Bob don’t like to be one of the pack. So, if you’re someone who wants to create mobile experiences that connect and convert, we may be a good match.
It’s why we say, Some send. We deliver.
So, are you ready to talk to us about how you’re going to be part of and deliver Australia’s most innovative and engaging mobile messaging solution?
We’re looking for Business Development Managers in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. Add your preferred location in your cover letter.